A baked apple is a simple, delicious and healthy recipe that anyone can make. It’s a good suggestion for a healthy dessert. This is a traditional baked apple recipe, however, you can change the ingredients in it and make your own version of it.
- 1-2 Apples per person
- handful of Walnuts per apple
- 1/4 tablespoon of Butter (coconut oil or other substitute)
- 1 cup of Water (approx.)
- Optional: stevia or honey, or vanilla extract
- Peel the apples. Cut the apples in half and scoop the center of the apples out. Place the apples in a suitably sized baking dish.
- Add walnuts and cinnamon on top of it.
- Microwave the butter (with stevia or honey) and stir with a teaspoon. If you don’t want to add any sweetener ensure that you have chosen a sweeter variety of apple. Put the butter on top of the apples.
- Add some water in the dish. The water will add the moisture needed so that the apples don’t come out dry.
- Bake them in the oven for about 30 minutes.