This whole grain recipe can be made with various ingredients that you may have in your kitchen. It’s a healthy meal that can be a good alternative of a packaged breakfast cereal. This is what should look a healthy whole grain meal. This recipe can be modified according to your taste, using similar products.
- 2-3 tablespoons of grains: buckwheat, oats or brown rice
- 1 apple or 1 banana, or other fruits
- 3-4 tablespoons of ground walnuts, or pumpkin seeds, unsalted peanuts or almonds
- 1 spoon of ground flaxseeds
- cinnamon, cacao butter or coconut oil
- Prepare grains according to package directions the day before. You don’t have to cook them every day because you can store them in the fridge for several days. Use one of these three grain suggestions.
- You can prepare ground nuts and seeds several days before. You can use them for days if you store them properly. Whole nuts can also be used.
- Mix all together, top it with fruits and add whatever flavor you like: cinnamon, cacao butter or coconut oil.