Buckwheat bread recipe is a good alternative for gluten – sensitive people. Buckwheat is not necessarily healthier than wheat. However, it is good to eat a variety of whole grains as part of your diet.
- 1 cup of Buckwheat Flour
- 1 cup of Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 15 g Yeast (or 2 tablespoons of Dry Yeast)
- 350 ml Lukewarm Water (12 oz)
- 6-7 tablespoons of boiled Millet and Buckwheat
- 3 tablespoons of toasted Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup of Pumpkin Seeds
- ⅓ cup of Sunflower Seeds
1. Rinse millet and buckwheat grains. Put water in a pot and let the water boil first. When the water starts boiling, add the grains. Once the grains have expanded turn the heat down (total preparation is about 25 minutes – or noted otherwise on the package).
2. Add the yeast into the water, mix well and leave it for 5 – 10 minutes.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl, add vinegar and olive oil into the mixture – whisk well.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl – flour, grains, seeds and salt. Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients, as well as the yeast mix.
5. Stir with a spoon until all the ingredients are combined.
6. Line the loaf tin with baking paper and spread the dough into the tin. Put a plastic wrap on top and leave the dough in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
7. Bake the buckwheat bread into the oven for 25-30 minutes at 220 C (or 430 F).
Be creative with ingredients in this buckwheat bread recipe and change them every time you make the bread. For example, instead of oat flour, you can use regular oats. Place the oats in the bowl of a food processor and pulse them until they are ground into a powder-like consistency. Instead of oat flour, you can use only buckwheat flour.
Kneading the dough is a complicated challenge for some people. The thing that I like the most about this buckwheat bread is that I don’t need to knead the dough. I just mix all the ingredients as I make a cake. I strongly recommend making two loaves of buckwheat bread at once and freeze one of the loaves. Defrost as needed!