This brownies recipe consists of healthy ingredients – with no flour and no refined sugar. Making healthy desserts is quite challenging, but finding few of them that are delicious can expand our creativity for making new ones. For this brownie recipe, I used chickpeas as flour, which is a great alternative for gluten-sensitive people. Walnuts and almonds are making the brownies have a great taste while bananas and honey add some sugar to them. Healthy brownies are simple, delicious and easy to make.
- 100 g Dried Chickpeas (3.5 oz)
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Almonds
- 1 – 2 Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 – 5 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Grind the chickpeas in the food processor, as well as the almonds and walnuts. If you prefer, you can put the almonds and walnuts whole.
- Smash the bananas into a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs, cocoa powder, baking soda, honey, and olive oil.
- Stir until smooth. Put the mixture in a muffin pan.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Regarding ingredients ratio, I always change the recipe and make a better version of it over time. Although it is not advisable, I taste the mixture before I bake the brownies, because I don’t want them to be tasteless.
Cook only healthy desserts, because the unhealthy ones are always available in stores. So, don’t bother wasting your time making unhealthy habits. Enjoy eating your brownies!